Here are some bullets from Steve Wright of InQuest Ministries and Providence Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC. What do you think? • Ministry that seeks to make Christ above all else beautiful and that declares an uncompromising Gospel to those who do not know Christ (Galatians 1:6-9).
• Ministry that is measured by lasting disciples rather than attendance campaigns and focuses on the glory of our matchless Savior (John 15:1-15).
• Ministry that truly partners with parents and seeks as a priority the task of resourcing, training, and involving parents as the primary disciplers of their children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).
• Ministry that prioritizes and champions equally the two institutions that are God-given: the Family and the Church (Acts 2:42-47).
• Ministry that seeks men who are biblically qualified pastors rather than charming activity directors (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• A ministry environment that is healthy for a student pastor and his family; an environment where pastors will desire to stay long past today’s destructive low tenures (Matthew 10:10).
• Ministry that seeks to mentor students for adulthood, marriage, and family rather than seeking to develop lifelong youth group attendees (1 Corinthians 13:11).
• Ministry that invites, expects and teaches the biblical responsibility of older generations to invest in those younger in the faith (2 Timothy 2:2).