SojournKids intern, Jason Pisani, and I spent yesterday, Wednesday of Easter week, putting together servant packets for this year's Vacation Bible School. I'm excited about the level of organization that we have for Bible School this year because of Jason's leadership. There are a few more finishing touches, and we'll be ready to start distributing the info packets to our volunteers and leaders next week. As Jason and I figure it, we'll need over 100 people to serve during this year's VBS, and the majority of those positions have not yet been filled. If you'd like to be involved, please sign up here right away! Here are some of the great things that you can do:
BEFORE VBS: you can help by...
- Praying for team members and children
- Providing craft materials
- Preparing craft materials
- Planning decorations
- Gathering props for decorations and skits
- Planning publicity
- Distributing publicity materials
- Painting banners, backdrops, sets, etc.
- Pre-registering children
- Planning work days and training events
DURING VBS: You can help by...
- Bible Story Center Lead Teacher
- Bible Story Center Assistant
- Bible Games Center
- Opening/Closing Assembly (Skits)
- Opening/Closing Assembly (Security)
- Opening/Closing Assembly (Musicians/Band members)
- Music Teaching Center
- Arts & Crafts (Elementary)
- Missions Projects
- Coordinating (I like to be in charge!)
There are just 59 days until VBS at the Midtown Campus, and the J-town Campus is just a couple of weeks after that. So, check out our SonSurf! VBS page to register or get involved.