Over the next several weeks, we're going to take some time to introduce the leadership of SojournKids. Our team is in the midst of some big transitions, and there are a number of new faces. So, we thought it would be fun to highlight those changes and introduce the team. The first transition was that Kevin Anglin, our J-town Campus Kids Director, has become the Children's Minister at Central Baptist Church in Americus, Georgia. That is the church where I grew up, so it is particularly special to me that we were able to send a great leader and godly man there to serve the people in A-town. To fill Kevin's shoes, Pastor Lisle Drury and I asked Danielle West step in as the new director. Danielle had previously been serving on staff as our Event Childcare Coordinator (a position for which we are currently hiring), and she and her husband Ryan sacrificially agreed to leave their home at Sojourn East to join the Sojourn J-town team. Danielle describes herself this way: "Wife to Ryan, mom to 3, Christ-follower, and lover of all things southern--the SEC, cooking, baseball, boutique shopping, & decorating." Here is our short interview with Danielle West:
1. What is your current role with SojournKids? I currently serve as the J-town Campus SojournKids Director.
2. What is your favorite part of your job? My most favorite part of my job is seeing teachers sitting on the floor sharing the gospel with kids. It is so exciting to see them care for the children and tell them about Jesus.
3. What hopes, dreams, and aspirations do you have? Some of my hopes, dreams and aspirations for this year at SojournKids J-town include launching an assembly time with great music and teaching. Also, we are making plans to paint the Kids wing, and that is super exciting! Some personal dreams for this year would include going to the Georgia/Florida Football game, taking our kids to Disney World (Shhhhh! don't tell them!), and seeing my amazing husband complete his doctoral dissertation.
4. What is your favorite / funniest SojournKids memory? One of my most favorite SojournKids memories includes the time I was serving as a teacher in the Kindergarten room at our East campus. The teachers were supposed to wear "beautiful" shoes while talking about Romans 10. I spray painted a pair of flats hot pink, poured glitter glue all over them, and added at least a million sparkles to the shoes. To my surprise, my Kindergarten girls LOVED them! And most of them had on glittery shoes just like mine!
5. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Ewww! Yuck! I really do not like popcorn.
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Most favorite ice cream is Strawberry Fields Forever from The Comfy Cow. Yum!