“In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” Isaiah 40:3-6
Definition: The glory of God is his infinite greatness shining out to the world.
Sermon Passage: Isaiah 40
Memory Verse: Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Family Devotion Introduction: When you color a picture, you put your name in the corner of the page because you made it. God made everything. He also owns everything. And God has written his name in all of the creation to show us that it belongs to him. Psalm 19 says that all of creation declares the glory of God. His creation displays his goodness and his greatness to every person in the world. If you think it’s hard to see in creation, look to Jesus where we see the fullness of God’s glory!
- Monday- What does it mean for a person to be famous?
- Tuesday- What does it mean to say that God is great?
- Wednesday- Who should be more famous, you or God?
- Thursday- Read 2 Corinthians 4:6. How does Jesus show us the greatness of God?
- Friday- What are some ways we can tell other people about how great God is?
- Family Experience- Read 1 Corinthians 10:31 together. Go out to eat or make a picnic and talk about what it means to eat, drink, and do all things to the glory of God.