“For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I wil sing and make melody to the Lord.” Psalm 27:5-6
Definition: The beauty of God is the perfection of every aspect of God's character and attributes
Sermon Passage: Psalm 27
Memory Verse: Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Family Devotion Introduction: Jesus says that the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant who sells everything he has to buy a valuable pearl (Matthew 13:45). A pearl is a round gemstone created by oysters. You have to search inside messy oyster shells to find them. But the search is worth it, because the pearls are worth a lot of money. Why do you think Jesus made that comparison? He wanted to tell us that God is beautiful and perfect. Jesus came so that we could fully experience that beauty and perfection.
- Monday- What are some things that you have seen that are beautiful? Thank God for them.
- Tuesday- What does it mean to that God is beautiful?
- Wednesday- Is it hard to think of God as beautiful and perfect? Why or why not?
- Thursday- Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." How does Jesus help us to see how beautiful God is?
- Friday- How can we show others how beautiful and valuable God is?
- Family Experience- Go for a walk with your family (or go to the park, zoo, or art museum). Notice with your family some of the beautiful things that God has made. Pray and praise God for all of the beauty in his creation.