He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does not wrong, upright and just is he. Deuteronomy 32:4
Definition: The justice and righteousness of God is the noble decision making of God to always do what is right because he is the standard of what is right.
Sermon Passage: Isaiah 1:10-26
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he
Family Devotions: Sometimes we are hurt and we suffer from pain. We scrape our knees and cry. Some children are terribly sick, and all people will one day die. The world is broken because of our sin. The Bible tells us that God always does what is right, and this means that he must punish sin. Jesus took the punishment that we deserve for our sin, and he gives us the reward he deserves for his perfect life.
- Monday- How do you feel when someone is mean or has done something wrong to you?
- Tuesday- How do we know that God is always right? Why does God get to choose what is right and what is wrong?
- Wednesday- Read Romans 3:23. What do we deserve for our sin? Do we really want God to give us justice?
- Thursday- Read Romans 3:24-26. How does Jesus show us that God hates sin?
- Friday- How should we respond when someone wants us to do something we know is wrong? What motivates us to do what is right?
- Experience- Choose your favorite family game (board game, kickball, tag, etc.) and choose a prize for the winner (ice cream?) When the game is over, explain that because one person won the whole family wins. Talk about the fact that because Jesus died on the cross, we can all be saved. He won the game for us!