Leader 1: This month we are learning how God gives us new lives in Jesus. God transforms us, and works powerfully in our life. Let’s confess our sin and weakness to God and trust in His power and might!
Leader 2: Our memory verse this month is Psalm 91:1-8. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Leader 1: God has given so generously to us, especially in Jesus. You all now have the opportunity to give back to God, the church, and the community. We give generously, with thankfulness and gladness. For God loves a cheerful giver. [Give now or after assembly]
Leader 2: Our catechism questions for this month help us understand what new life in Jesus looks like. Here is our question for this week:
- June 1, 2014—What is Growth? Growth is a lifelong partnership with the Holy spirit to change and become like Jesus.
- June 8, 2014—Does God only change us a little? No. The Holy Spirit changes our whole life.
- June 15, 2014—What is the evidence of a changed life? The fruit of the Spirit is the evidence of a changed life.
- June 22, 2014—What does the Holy Spirit use to change Christians? God’s word, prayer, and trials.
- June 29, 2014—What is the church? The church is the people that God has alive, called together, and sent on mission.
Leader 1: Life is scary sometimes. It can be hard. We make mistakes and other people hurt us. But we can always trust in God to get us through life’s touch places.
Leader 1: Even though we have rebelled against God, He is faithful to us. He loves us today by watching over us, hearing our prayers, and giving us new lives. Let’s lift our hands and sing a new song to our God.
“Lift My Hands” By Phil Miller and Brooks Ritter (c) 2014 Sojourn Community Church
Leader 1: Let’s pray to God.
Leader 2: Father God, thank you for your love for us. We want to enjoy life with you here and now. We sing with joy, knowing that you are with us. Help us to love you and live our lives, not for ourselves, but to please you and bring glory to you. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Leader 1: Thanks for worshipping the Lord with us today!