Applying God’s Word with your Kids in your Community Group
- Who drives the cars in which you typically ride?
- Do you help them drive? Are you telling me that you totally trust them? (Play this up)
- Who did Elijah trust when he needed something big to happen?
- Invite a child to pray and ask God to hep us pray about all things and trust him completely.
Family Devotions at Home
- Read 1 Kings 18 together
- If your favorite athlete, movie star, music star, or cartoon character came to your house to visit, would you tell your friends?
- Why does Elijah want to people to know about God and worship him alone?
- Which person are you most like in this story: false prophets (trying to earn their god's favor), the people (watching and not making up their mind), or Elijah?
- Parents: Share with your kids about how Jesus is our Elijah. Because of his perfect trust and obedience, we can fully trust in God.
- Pray together, asking God to give your family boldness to tell your neighbors about Jesus.