Our Proof Pirates Vacation Bible School wrapped up this past Friday. Thank you so much for praying for our team this past week. God showed up at VBS this week! Here are a few highlights to celebrate from Sojourn's East and J-town campuses. Stories from Midtown and New Albany are coming tomorrow.
By the numbers…
- At East, there was a high attendance of 242 kids. And at J-town, there were as many as 271 kids! Across four campuses, our high attendance was 761 kids!
- Nearly 70 people served every day at East, and nearly 80 served each day at J-town. Across the campuses there were well over 300 volunteers in all serving!
- Kids at East collected $645.00 for the Westport TAPP School, and the kids at J-town collected $540.00 for the Tully Elementary School FCA!
- My kid said she wished VBS lasted until midnight and wanted to do it again in the fall. My neighbor’s kid expressed excitement about returning the next day, even asking for a Bible on his way home. --From a Sojourn East member
- I had a kindergartener start a discussion about what a pastor is. She got connected via a yard sale we hosted a few weeks back. It was great seeing her make friends and singing so enthusiastically.--From a Sojourn East member
- “I just want to thank you so much for making it possible for Toby to attend VBS and feel accepted by his peers. We look forward to your VBS every year and this year Toby just blossomed being with his peers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, thank you”--From a mom of a child with special needs at J-town
- It seems like VBS has made my child more sensitive to the gospel this week. His repentance and asking for forgiveness has seemed more sincere and less dependent upon us telling him what to do. I think that the visuals were helpful in explaining things to him (the new heart lockets, skeleton to a new heart guy, etc.).--From a Sojourn East member
- This is week has been amazing. We have been going to Sojourn for a year and have loved it the whole time, but it was this week serving together at VBS where I really felt for the first time like this IS my church! This is my family! And my daughters who are also serving said the same thing. It is emotional for me. It has been such a blessing to get to be a part of something like this and serve together as family and as a part of a the Sojourn family.”From a J-town VBS Servant