Applying God’s Word with your Kids in your Community Group
- Read Ephesians 1:4-5
- What does a captain look for when he is choosing sailors for his ship?
- Does God choose people with the best skills? Does he choose the smartest or strongest? No way! He chooses before the foundation of the world—before we were born or had done anything good or bad.
- How does it feel to know that God chose to love you even when you sin?
- Invite a child to pray and thank the Father for choosing us just because he wanted to love us.
Family Devotions at Home
- Parents: Take something your kids would be excited about and bury it somewhere in your yard. Create a simple treasure map for your kids, and then go hunt for the buried treasure.
- Read Ephesians 1:1-6
- What does it take to make a plan?
- Who mapped out our lives and the salvation plan? God did!
- Thank God for mapping out our salvation from beginning to end.