NOTE: Sojourn Kids playlist can be found at this link: Playlist
Leader 1: Let’s sing some of our favorite worship songs together! Who can tell me some of the reasons we praise God? (Take 3-4 answers) Those are just some of the reasons God is so good and worthy of our praise! Let's sing to Him!
“Clap Your Hands” by T.J. Hester and Justin Schaeffer (c) 2012 Sojourn Community Church
Leader 2: Our memory verse this month is Psalm 145:8! "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."
- May 3: This verse tells us some wonderful things about God. What does it mean to be gracious? (Affirm or guide their answers: “forgiving” “giving us the love and favor we don’t deserve and haven’t earned”)
- May 10: What does it mean that God is compassionate? (Affirm or guide their answers: “He cares about us” “He has experienced everything that we have experienced”)
- May 17: This verse tells us some wonderful things about God. What does it mean to be slow to anger? (Affirm or guide their answers: “God is patient” “God gives us second chances”)
- May 24: What does it mean that God is rich in love? (Affirm or guide their answers: “God’s love doesn’t run out!”)
- May 31: When we know these things about God, what does it lead us to want to do? (Praise Him, be like Him, grown into his likeness.
Leader 1: That’s right! And because we know that God is at work, we can respond to Him in worship. We worship God with our voices, but we also worship God by giving: we give our money as a tithe, we give our time to serve our church and our neighbors, and we give up our desires and preferences for the sake of others, just like Jesus did for us. As we sing this next song about how God is our great Rescuer, you can bring your offering up to the front!
“You Alone Can Rescue” by Matt Redman
Leader 1: You all are singing so well! It is so encouraging to all of us to hear many voices together praising God! Let’s keep singing out loud as we finish our assembly!
"Soar Like Eagles" by Seeds Family Worship
(Play the Catechism riff: G-F-G-F-G-F-G “Catechism!”)
Leader 2: Here is our question for this week! I’ll read the question and you will all read the answer together!
May 3: Why does God tell us, “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor?” So we will tell the truth as God does, and not speak evil of one another.
May 10: Why does God tell us, “You shall not covet?” So we will be content with what we have.
May 17: Who can obey God’s law? No one but Jesus can obey God’s law perfectly.
May 24: If no one can obey God’s law, why did he give it? God gave the law to show us his goodness, to show us our sin, and to show us we need Jesus.
May 31: What is sin? Sin is saying “No” to God and doing what we want instead of what God wants.
Leader 2: Let’s pray! Bow your heads and fold your hands as we talk to God! Father, thank you that you are gracious, compassionate, slow to anger, and rich in love. You have shown us your love by forgiving our sin and showing us grace. Help us to be more like you as you give us the strength! Holy Spirit, help us to listen to your words as you teach us today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.