Below are some devotional helps to use throughout the week. We'd love for you to use some or even all of these to review this week's story with your kids.
Dinner Time (Deep Dive)
READ the story together. ( 1 Timothy 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 4:1-8; Titus 2:11-14 )
ASK some questions about the story.
- Who were the characters? (Paul, Timothy, and Titus.)
- What are the main story beats? (Paul charges Timothy and Titus to treat their gifting serious; to preach the word; and to be watchful of false teachings and sinful behavior.)
- What’s the main point? (Paul encouraged church leaders to teach God’s word.)
CONNECT it to the family.
Paul was warning Timothy, Titus, and the church of the seriousness of scripture. We are called to treat God’s word very seriously. Mom and Dad are called to do the same with you and your siblings. Sometimes we fall short, we get busy, and we don’t read scripture with you every day. Thankfully, God gives us grace even when we fall short.
God, we thank you for your word and we thank you for the work of Paul. We pray that we can be reminded of Paul’s influence and his emphasis on scripture. Amen.
Drive Time (Quick Refresh)
ASK what story we’ve been studying this week. (Paul’s Letters to Church Leaders )
- See what they remember from the story – details, main points, any take away they have, etc.
REMIND them of the main point.
Paul encouraged church leaders to teach God’s word.
Bedtime (Soul Work)
ASK how they feel about what we’ve been learning about this week.
- Do you treat scripture seriously?
- What can you do to make sure you that you treat scripture seriously?
ENCOURAGE them about the truth of God’s promise.
God has called us to treat scripture with the utmost respect.
RELATE to them.
- Mom and Dad are called to involve scripture in the daily lives of our family.
- You can hold us accountable and remind us.
PRAY for them before they go to sleep.
Breakfast Time (Daily Encouragement)
ENCOURAGE them to trust God’s promise today.
- At school as they’re working, playing, talking with friends, etc.
- Encourage them to hide God’s word in their heart.
PRAY for them before you drop them off to start their day.
REVIEW one of these doctrine memory questions, or the month’s memory verse by having your kids repeat it after you.
Gospel Project Big Picture Question: Why does God want us to obey Him? Obedience is our response to God's love for us.
Memory Verse: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
Additional resources can be found in the Gospel Project for Kids app under Unit 31 - Session 5