Below are some devotional helps to use throughout the week. We'd love for you to use some or even all of these to review this week's story with your kids.
Dinner Time (Deep Dive)
READ the story together. (Jude 3-4, 17-25)
ASK some questions about the story.
- Who were the characters? (Jude and the Christians he is writing to.)
- What are the main story beats? (Jude encourages them to keep the faith; Jude warns them those who have crept into the church; Jude reminds them that there will be more people like those who have crept in.)
- What’s the main point? (Jude encouraged Christians to stand strong in the faith.)
CONNECT it to the family.
The world we live in is getting worse. The Bible warns us of this. We are called to keep the faith. We also know that the bad will continue until Christ returns. We must keep the faith as a family.
God, we thank you for Jude. We thank you for his message. We pray that we can keep the faith no matter what. Amen.
Drive Time (Quick Refresh)
ASK what story we’ve been studying this week. (Remember God’s Truth)
- See what they remember from the story – details, main points, any take away they have, etc.
REMIND them of the main point.
Jude encouraged Christians to stand strong in the faith.
Bedtime (Soul Work)
ASK how they feel about what we’ve been learning about this week.
- Do you ever worry?
- The world we live in is scary. God calls us to keep the faith.
ENCOURAGE them about the truth of God’s promise.
God wants us to keep the faith no matter what happens.
RELATE to them.
- God wants us keep the faith.
- Mom and Dad are called to encourage you.
- No matter what happens in life, God is in control
PRAY for them before they go to sleep.
Breakfast Time (Daily Encouragement)
ENCOURAGE them to trust God’s promise today.
- At school as they’re working, playing, talking with friends, etc.
PRAY for them before you drop them off to start their day.
REVIEW one of these doctrine memory questions, or the month’s memory verse by having your kids repeat it after you.
Gospel Project Big Picture Question: How do we live while waiting for Jesus to return? We remember God’s truth, grow in godliness, and spread the gospel.
Memory Verse: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
Additional resources can be found in the Gospel Project for Kids app under Unit 35 - Session 3