Below are some devotional helps to use throughout the week. We'd love for you to use some or even all of these to review this week's story with your kids.
Dinner Time (Deep Dive)
READ the story together. (Revelation 4:2-5:14)
ASK some questions about the story.
- Who were the characters? (John and Jesus.)
- What are the main story beats? (John sees the throne, John sees four creatures, John sees the scroll and the lamb.)
- What’s the main point? (All people and all creatures in heave and on earth will worship Jesus.)
CONNECT it to the family.
When we arrive in heaven we will worship Jesus. We should look for opportunities to worship Jesus as a family was we await Jesus’ return.
God, we thank you for your word. We thank you for your promises. We pray that we can worship Jesus as we await his return. Amen.
Drive Time (Quick Refresh)
ASK what story we’ve been studying this week. (Jesus on the Throne)
- See what they remember from the story – details, main points, any take away they have, etc.
REMIND them of the main point.
All people and all creatures in heaven and on earth will worship Jesus.
Bedtime (Soul Work)
ASK how they feel about what we’ve been learning about this week.
- Why does Jesus deserve all glory and honor?
- How can we show honor and glory to Jesus?
- What can we most look forward to about eternal life?
ENCOURAGE them about the truth of God’s promise.
We will spend eternity in heaven worshiping.
RELATE to them.
- God wants us to worship him.
- Mom and Dad are called to worship God with you.
PRAY for them before they go to sleep.
Breakfast Time (Daily Encouragement)
ENCOURAGE them to trust God’s promise today.
- At school as they’re working, playing, talking with friends, etc.
PRAY for them before you drop them off to start their day.
REVIEW one of these doctrine memory questions, or the month’s memory verse by having your kids repeat it after you.
Gospel Project Big Picture Question: What will happen when Jesus returns? Jesus will destroy all evil and make all things new.
Memory Verse: Revelation 21:5 – “And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Additional resources can be found in the Gospel Project for Kids app under Unit 36 - Session 3