This week in SojournKids, we studied the story of Jesus changing water into wine from John 2:1-12, and we learned that:
- A wedding is a celebration where a new family is made.
- Jesus went to a wedding celebration
- Jesus blessed the wedding celebration by turning water into wine.
If you didn’t get a chance to grab the SojournKids “at home” sheet, you can download it here.
- Your family can show how great it is to live under God's reign of love (Ephesians 6:1-4).
- Knowing God is far more important than "succeeding" in life (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
- The biggest obstacle to good discipline is our own selfish hearts (James 4:1-10).
- Trying to be a good parent will crush you if you don't embrace grace (Luke 18:9-14).
- Addressing the heart matters more than controlling behavior (Colossians 2:20-3:10).
- Don't train your child to be a legalist (Luke 15:11-32).
- Make sure you enjoy your children (Psalm 127).
- Teach your children about God in the context of everyday life (Deuteronomy 11:16-21).
- Shape WHAT younger children watch and HOW older children watch (Proverbs 4:1-9).
- Teach children to pray by praying with them (Matthew 6:5-15).
- We belong to two families (Mark 3:31-35).
- Children are not the center of the world (Mark 12:28-34).