Two Classes, Each Two Weeks Long on Wednesday evenings This series will be taught each Fall and Spring. Parents can attend for two-week segments corresponding with the various life-stages, or they may attend the entire class if they so desire.
Foundations One: For Parents Of Newborns And Preschoolers — September 2 and 9. This two week class covers
- Understanding Parent/Baby Dedication
- Parenting Principles for Infants and Preschoolers
- Sojourn’s Philosophy for Children’s Ministry
- Praying for and Blessing Your Children
- Family Worship: Leading Your Spiritual Family
Core Competency: The home is the front line of spiritual ministry to children.
Requirement for: The October 18th Parent/Baby Dedication
Class Leaders: Tyler and Heidi Thorne
—Parent/Baby Dedication contact: Kelsey Barnes, SojournKids deacon (email@example.com)
Foundations 2: For Parents Of Elementary-aged Children — September 16 and 23. This 2-week class covers:
- Childhood Conversion and Baptism
- The Drama of Parenting (Preschool and Elementary Kids)
- Developing a Discipleship Plan for Your Child
Core Competency: Heart change is God’s work.
Requirement for: Childhood Baptism and Church Membership Process
—Class Leaders: TBA
—process contact: Jared Kennedy, Director of SojournKids (firstname.lastname@example.org)